Tuesday, July 9, 2013
Top Ten Tuesday: Best/Worst Book to Movie Adaptions
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week a new top ten list is posted for us bloggers to share the books we love and discuss anything book related! To see more details about Top Ten Tuesday click HERE.
This week's topic is top best and or worse book to movie adaptions. I will be doing my Top 5 Best and Worse! I know I am a little late, but better late than never :)
Top 5 Best:
1) Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin - I actually saw this movie first and love the book and movie equally. They are on the top of my book/movie lists
2) The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - This movie was so good, I cannot wait for Catching Fire! It looks like it will be so good :)
3) The Help by Kathryn Stockett - I read the book and then watched the movie as soon as I was done. I thought they did a really good job with this movie and I love the cast!
4) The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky - I watched this movie a few months after reading the book. I have a terrible memory so I do not remember exactly how similar the movie was to the book but I do remember sitting in awe at the end of the movie. I really loved both the movie and book.
5) The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald - I read this book about 6 years ago so I did not remember anything about the book other than it was really good. So I am not sure just how much alike they are but the movie was just so dang good!
Top 3 Worst:
1) Twilight by Stephanie Meyer - I really did enjoy the books, well the first two maybe 3. The movie ruined the books! They were really entertaining but not because of their great quality, actually quite the opposite. They were horrible, but their awfulness made them really funny!
2) Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia - I had to turn this one off before I finished it, it was terrible.
3) The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants - I love the books and the movies, but I have to think of them as two separate things that are not related.
I know, I know.. I only did 3 bad ones. I am sure I will come up with a ton more for this category once I read through everyone else's list, but as of right now this is all I can think of!
Whats on your list?