Monday, June 10, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Beach Reads



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week a new top ten list is posted for us bloggers to share the books we love and discuss anything book related! To see more details about Top Ten Tuesday click HERE


It's Tuesday :) TOP TEN TUESDAY! This week is top ten beach reads! I am excited to see what everyone puts as their beach reads. For me a beach read is something light and funny, although the occasional book with a little less lightness and a little more emotion is also appreciated! I feel like a lot of these books are in all of my lists so I am trying to change it up but I am sorry if you keep seeing the same 10 books in my top ten lists! In no particular order, here is my top ten list!




1) The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter: Mythology, a hot god of the Underworld, and a mystery! To me this is a great combo for a beach book. Check out my review HERE.

2) Wallbanger by Alice Clayton: If you have read my review, you know I feel that this unfortunatley fizzled out toward the end. The book as a whole was great and the first half had me crying I was laughing so hard. Check out my review HERE.

3) True by Erin McCarthy: I didn't know about this until NetGalley, and I am so happy I found it! I just finished it yesterday (Sunday) and really enjoyed it. This is a NA novel about a girl whose friends pay someone to take Rory's, the main character, virginity. I think you can figure out how this all works out... Review is on it's way :)




4) The Selection by Kiera Cass: This is a dystopian, which I would not normally categorize as summery or beachy, but this one is as fluffy as a dystopian can get! I like it for summer because it is not the stereotypical contemporary (which are awesome) but it still is light and fun :) Check out my review HERE.

5) Burning by Elana K Arnold: This is a contemporary but it is not as light and fluffy as some others. It is a book about a summer love between a gypsy girl and a small town boy going off to college. The narration switches and tells the story of each of the two main characters. It is a fascinating story and I really recommend it to everyone for a beach read! Check out my review & giveaway!

6) Slammed by Colleen Hoover: This book has it all. I was crying, laughing, and everthing in between. This book easliy became on of my top all time favorites! If you have not read this yet, please do! Check out my review HERE.

7) Fallen Too Far Series by Abbi Glines: I cannot just say the first or just the second book because I did not like the first one on its own, but the entire (well, the first two) series together is a favorite! I really loved this story and can't wait to see how it ends! If you plan to read the first, prepare to read the second immediately after!! Check out my review HERE.




8) Sarah Dessen... Yes I realize I only put an author. I have not read all of her books yet but the ones I have read are awesome, the perfect summer read! I really love Sarah Dessen, I am thinking I need to reread one of them.. probably The Truth About Forever! That is my favorite of hers :)

9) Spies & Prejudice by Talia Vance: I loved this book, it was fun, there was romance, and it was basically Veronica Mars in book form! I got this as a eARC from NetGalley. Everyone should definitely put this on their TBR list. Check out my review HERE.

10) Divergent by Veronica Roth: This book is not much of a beach read but it is the book that got me reading again so it makes the list :) This would be one of those few random books that are not light or fluffy but they are so intense and gripping that you read it all in one sitting, then go buy the second book, Insurgent, and repeat. The slowly die waiting for Allegiant. Everyone go read this now!

4 comments:

  1. Great list! I totally forgot a Sarah Dessen on mine... And I have Spies and Prejudice pre-ordered! Cannot wait... :)

    Emily @ Counting in Bookcases

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! Love Divergent too:)


    My TTT:
    http://evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl/2013/06/top-ten-tuesday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha I included "All Sarah Dessen books" on my list. I would never be able to pick just a few of her books.

    ~ Gabbi
    My top ten! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Truth made my list, too. I have Spies on order at my library. I'm excited to read it. I've heard Wallbanger is hilarious. It's too bad it fizzles out. Great list!
    Natflix&Books' TTT

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...