Monday, April 15, 2013

Top Six FAVORITE Books

Hey guys,

Since I do not have many posts yet, I wanted to make a list of my top 6 books that I have read! That way you can get a better idea for what types of books I read! These are not in any kind of order, it was hard enough to narrow it down, so there was no way I could put these in an order! Here it is:

Amber's Top 6 Books

The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky


This book was something I have been hearing about for years. Everyone I know says it is one of their favorite books. I always had it on my TBR list but I finally picked it up when I heard it was being made into a movie. This book was so good, and so sad. I remember when I finished the book I was sitting home alone and just stared at the wall in awe of this book. It was such a good book, I would recommend this (and the movie) to anyone. 


The Hunger Games Series by Suzanne Collins


This was another one of those books that I had heard a lot about but never picked up. Christmas 2011 by boyfriend and I received this as a gift. Boyfriend (who is not normally a reader) read this book in one sitting. Obviously I had to read it then. I loved it! The first one is definitely my favorite. After reading the first one I was so curious to see what happened next I couldn't put them down long enough to do anything. The second and third surprised me, but I loved them as well! I would also recommend this book to anyone! 


Fifty Shades Series by E. L. James



When I first heard of this book all I knew about it was that the main character was a college grad. I got so excited to read it because I really enjoy reading about characters I feel I can relate to, and being a college student I was super pumped! Then, when talking to bf's mom, I was told what this book is REALLY about. That was an awkward conversation. After that I was just plain curious. I had to know what happened! So I read it, and I was hooked. Yes, this book has a lot of sex. And not just sex but raunch, dirty sex. But this book also has a story! And that's why I continued reading the second and third books. I love that these were not just books about sex. You were brought in initially by curiosity, and hooked by the story. Perfection. I would NOT recommend this book to anyone under 17 or anyone who does not reading sex. This book does contain graphic sex scenes. 

Still Alice by Lisa Genova


This book really hit home for me. For those of you who have not heard of it, the story is narrated by a women who has been diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's. The book follows her journey from the time she is diagnosed until the disease has taken over. My Grandma was diagnosed with dementia and Alzheimers shortly after my high school graduation. She moved in with my family and lived with them for a few years. She has since passed, and I am always wanting to learn more about this disease. When I saw a book written from the perspective of an Alzheimers patient I knew I had to read it. It was overall a incredibly sad book, but also an AMAZING story. I am so glad I found this book. I would recommend this book to anyone who has had a loved one with this disease, or anyone who is curious about it. 

The Harry Potter Series by J. K. Rowling


Alright guys, it's HARRY POTTER! Need I say more?

Actually, I do need. I grew up in the generation of Harry Potter. Unfortunately (unlike all of my friends), I WAS NOT ALLOWED TO READ THEM AS A KID. Whyyyyy??? I really missed out. But don't you worry, I eventually got to read them. My junior year in college I decided it was time for me to read about the amazing wizarding world of Harry Potter! It was as awesome as everyone said. If you have not read these you need to stop what you are doing, get off the computer, go buy them, and start reading. NOW! Even if you think you are too old, or you've seen the movies, or any other lame excuses you can come up with. Excuses are crap. Go read them now. 


 Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austin


Alright guys, I have to admit.. I saw the movie before I read the book. To some of you this is probably not a big deal. But I firmly believe everything is better in book form. And if I am going to hear the story, I HAVE to read the book first. I tend to enjoy the version of the story I hear first. So if I see the movie first, I hate all the changes in the book. Even when the book is actually the correct story. Its a confusing mess, I know. But I saw the movie first. Which in this case turned out to be great. The movie was the reason why I read the book. It is one of my favorite movies of all time and I figured if the movie was that good the book must be even better! I can't pick one I enjoy more, book or movie. They are both awesome. I don't read many classics, but this one I loved. If you like classics and have not read this or want to try out classics, I would recommend this. 

So there you guys go! My top 6 books! What are your favorites? Let me know!

1 comment:

  1. I read Pride and Prejudice in school and wasn't a big fan. Then I reread it when I was about 22 and fell in love. I'm a huge HP fan too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...